Our next meeting will be July 14, 2016 at 7:30 pm at Palisades-Kepler State Park, 700 Kepler Dr, Mt Vernon, IA 52314. The CR Astronomy Club has invited CVARC members to come for an evening of staring into space. We may also have an opportunity to see a demonstration of EME communication. More to follow….
The June Bandspread newsletter is here.
Field Day 2016 is coming SOON! June 25 & 26th. For more details, click on the Field Day button!
The Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club (CVARC) is a non-profit organization registered in the state of Iowa. Our mission is to promote amateur radio activities in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa regional area. Our organization is dedicated to:
- Promoting interest in radio as a means of communication
- Providing educational programs and exhibits
- Contributing, in general, to the advancement of radio communications
- Training radio operators in the interest of national defense and emergencies
- Supplying and operating communication equipment during emergencies and as a general public service
- Assisting with elimination of interference to radio and television reception from all sources and particularly from amateur radio and communications equipment
As a function of these goals, CVARC is affliated and works closely with the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL), Linn County Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES), and the Linn County Emergency Management Agency (EMA).
We also maintain a Facebook page: Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club. Please feel free to join. We trade lots of technical and current event information.