Our next meeting will be September 8, 2016 at 7:30 pm at Kenwood Park United Methodist Church, 175 34th St NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402. More to follow….
The August Bandspread newsletter is here.
Field Day 2016 was AWESOME! CVARC put up a 21A category station. That’s right, 21 transmitters in one field. That was the largest FD effort in the nation! For more details, click on the Field Day button.
The Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club (CVARC) is a non-profit organization registered in the state of Iowa. Our mission is to promote amateur radio activities in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa regional area. Our organization is dedicated to:
- Promoting interest in radio as a means of communication
- Providing educational programs and exhibits
- Contributing, in general, to the advancement of radio communications
- Training radio operators in the interest of national defense and emergencies
- Supplying and operating communication equipment during emergencies and as a general public service
- Assisting with elimination of interference to radio and television reception from all sources and particularly from amateur radio and communications equipment
As a function of these goals, CVARC is affliated and works closely with the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL), Linn County Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES), and the Linn County Emergency Management Agency (EMA).
We also maintain a Facebook page: Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club. Please feel free to join. We trade lots of technical and current event information.