Our next meeting is January 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm at Kenwood Park United Methodist Church, 175 34th St NE, Cedar Rapids.
The January 2017 Bandspread newsletter is here.
The Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club (CVARC) is a non-profit organization registered in the state of Iowa. Our mission is to promote amateur radio activities in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa regional area. Our organization is dedicated to:
- Promoting interest in radio as a means of communication
- Providing educational programs and exhibits
- Contributing, in general, to the advancement of radio communications
- Training radio operators in the interest of national defense and emergencies
- Supplying and operating communication equipment during emergencies and as a general public service
- Assisting with elimination of interference to radio and television reception from all sources and particularly from amateur radio and communications equipment
As a function of these goals, CVARC is affliated and works closely with the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL), Linn County Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES), and the Linn County Emergency Management Agency (EMA).
We also maintain a Facebook page: Cedar Valley Amateur Radio Club. Please feel free to join. We trade lots of technical and current event information.