The Cedar Valley ARC Hamfest and ARRL Iowa State Convention will feature a new event this
year. We will be conducting field measurements on two types of 2-meter FM stations: Mobile
and Handheld transceivers.
The large area available at our venue makes this endeavor possible. The tests will be conducted
starting at 1:00 PM Sunday Aug. 8th by retired RF engineer Rod Blocksome, K0DAS. Two types of
tests are planned: Azimuth antenna pattern for mobile stations and effective radiated power
(EIRP) for both mobile and handheld radios. The results will later be computed, plotted, and
emailed to the owners as well as published by CVARC. The test frequency will be 146.58
The results will provide insight into the best antennas and mounting configurations for various
radios. All who wish to have their radios measured must attend Rod’s forum (earlier in the day)
on this subject in order to register, record their radio/antenna data, and be briefed on the
- 2022 CVARC Techfest Forum Schedule
- 2021 CVARC Hamfest Forum Schedule and Information
- Make It/Take It at the Hamfest!
- CVARC HAMFEST BANQUET
- 2-Meter Mobile/Portable Antenna Range Measurements
- Amelia Earhart Listening Tests
- January Program by Joe Spinks, AA0KW
- New W0WSV Repeaters
- December Meeting: SCOTT’S FAMILY RESTAURANT!